REFRESHER COMPETENCE IN SURVIVAL CRAFT OTHER THAN FAST RESCUE BOATS
Seafarers holding an existing PSCRB qualification are required to complete this updated proficiency training course every five years to maintain proficiency under the STCW 2010 Manila Amendments
(STCW Section A-VI/2-1).
Course Code STCW A-VI/2-1
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to demonstrate the capability to:
- Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch
- Operate a survival craft engine
- Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship
- Use locating devices including communications, signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics
- Apply first aid to survivors.
This is a one-day course comprising theory and practical sessions, both in the classroom and at our pier head facility where candidates are required to be fit enough to undertake practical drills in handling inflatable rescue boats, life boats and life rafts.
Delegates must be at least 16 years of age.
Recognised Existing PSCRB qualification.
Delegates must have an in date SCARB or SCARBR Certification.
Valid Basic Training course certificates as set out in the SAMSA Training Standards Code:
- SAMSA Medical or equivalent
- PST STCW A-VI/1-1
- PSSR SCTW A-VI/1-4
- Elementary FA STCW A-VI/1-3 or MFA
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting STCW A-VI/1-2
- 12 Months of Continuous at sea with a valid (within 6 months of expiry) certificate for Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (excluding Fast Rescue Boats)
All personnel employed onboard vessels who are involved with the emergency response teams.
A Project Maritime Training STCW 2010 Manilla Compliant Certificate will be issued on delegate been found competent.
Every five years.
Held at Project Maritime Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
Items to bring
Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course.
Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
Recognised in date medical certificate
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
Courses as per training schedule or on request.