Opito Initial Travel Safely by Boat (TsBB) ½ day
The aims and objectives of the Opito Initial Travel Safely by Boat training standard are to ensure that all personnel travelling/transferring by boat to work in offshore areas .
Duration 2 hours
Course Code: 5605
The syllabus focuses on:
- Awareness of the risks to which they are exposed and how they are managed
- An understanding of the essential safety rules with which they must comply and how to act in an emergency
- An increase in their personal commitment to safety
- Effective use of personal safety equipment
- Practice and demonstrate correct method of boat transfers (simulated boat deck and installation)
Delegates will gain a basic level of understanding and awareness of the hazards encountered when working on offshore installations, and of the safety regime and safety management systems in place to control and mitigate those hazards. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
There are no prerequisites for attending this course.
The Travel Safely by Boat initial training programme is designed for personnel currently travelling and transferring by boat to an offshore oil and gas installation.
An OPITO-approved Transfer Safely by Boat Initial Training certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Every four years
Maximum Delegates per course
Held at Project Maritime & Survival Offshore Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
On the day of training
- Delegates must present a valid ID or passport.
- Delegates must present an in date medical certificate.
- If delegate is in possession of a Valid BOSIET,HUET or FOET they should present this on the day of course.
- Delegates must wear closed shoes.
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on the practical elements of the course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to commencing practical training.
Courses run weekly.