PERSONAL SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES PST
This course forms part of the mandatory basic safety training for crew. It deals with the actions to be taken by individuals to protect themselves in emergency situations and includes practical training in the use of life jackets and inflatable life rafts.
Duration 2 days
Course Code STCW A-VI/1-1
The course is classroom based and covers these main areas:
- Safety and Survival.
- Emergency Situations
- Survival Crafts and Rescue Boats
- Personal Life Saving Appliances
- Survival at Sea
- Emergency Radio Equipment
- Helicopter Operations
- Apply first aid to survivors
The course is a structured mixture of theory and practical application.
The course is also included in our STCW Basic Safety Training Schedule
- Delegates must be at least 16 years of age.
- Proficiency in English Language written and Verbal skills
- Medically Fit
Seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship.
A Project Maritime Training STCW 2010 Manilla Compliant Certificate will be issued on delegate been found competent.
Every five years
Held at Project Maritime Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
Items to bring
- Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course.
- Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
Courses as per training schedule or on request.