Long Range Communications Course LRC
Long Range Certificates are the new VHF, MF, and HF Operators Certificate for Radio’s that incorporates DSC and the Satellite module as used in the GMDSS structure. Here, Radio Operators are taught the proper procedures to follow in an emergency inclusive of Mayday, Mayday Relay, Security, Urgency, Alerts, Frequencies, Batteries & tests for long range radio equipment making use of DSC Alerts to notify other vessels of Distress situations. This is a 4-day course for normal LRC with a 5th day added for those that require the Satellite Module. The LRC Training is taught using a state-of-the-art 7 station STORM touch-screen simulator which adds realism to our teaching techniques.
Course Code SAMSA
The course is a structured mixture of theory and practical application and covers these main areas:
- The Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) structure
- Search and Rescue (SAR) procedures
- Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI) number system
- VHF and MF/HF installations
- Digital Selective Calling (DSC) facilities)
- Maintenance on radios and antennas
- Distress procedures
- Urgency AND Safety messages
- Maritime Mobile Satellite Services
- INMARSAT systems
The course is delivered by a highly experienced team of professional communicators, providing both breadth and depth of operational and technical knowledge gained in industry. Course instructors are also experienced GMDSS examiners who can provide targeted guidance and support to students.
- Delegates must be at least 16 years of
- Proficiency in English Language written and Verbal skills
- Knowledge of the phonetic alphabet; computer keyboard literate.
All personnel employed onboard vessels who are involved with the communications and emergency response teams.
A Project Maritime Training Compliant Statement of Results will be issued on delegate been found competent.
Every five years.
Held at Project Maritime Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
Items to bring
- Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course.
- Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
- Recognised in date medical certificate
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
Courses as per training schedule or on request.
Comments are closed.