REFRESHER ADVANCED MARINE FIRE FIGHTING
This STCW course is part of the training for deck and engineering officers who wish to re -qualify for a Certificate of Competency and crew who are designated to control fire fighting operations.
Duration 2 days
Course Code STCW A-VI/3
The course is a structured mixture of theory and practical application and covers these main areas:
- Communication and co-ordination during firefighting
- Management and control of injured persons.
- Procedures for co-ordination with shore-based fire fighters
- Contingency plans, strategies and tactics for control requirements for statutory and classification surveys..
It covers fire fighting procedures at sea and in port with particular emphasis on organisation, tactics and effective command including liaison with shore-based firefighters. It also covers topics such as ventilation control, hazards involving dangerous goods and the effects of fire fighting water on ship stability.
A variety of practical exercises involving fighting fires of different types and intensity are included.Students are assessed on their ability to successfully control fire fighting operations. The course is also included in our STCW Refresher Basic Safety Training Schedule
- Delegates must be at least 16 years of
- Delegates must be in possession of one of the following valid and regonised certificates:
- Advanced Marine Fire Fighting STCW A- VI/3
- Refresher Advanced Marine Fire Fighting STCW A- VI/3
- Proficiency in English Language written and Verbal skills
- Medically Fit
All personnel employed onboard vessels who are involved with the emergency response teams command and control.
A Project Maritime Training STCW 2010 Manilla Compliant Certificate will be issued on delegate been found competent.
Every five years.
Held at Project Maritime Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
Items to bring
- Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course.
- Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
- Recognised in date medical certificate
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.