Opito Initial Deployment Training (CA- EBS) ½ day
Initial Ca-EBS training is to ensure that the delegate gains the required knowledge and understanding of the particular hazards and properties of a Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) and appropriate practical emergency response actions to take should the requirement for emergency deployment arise.
Course Code 5902
The syllabus focuses on:
- The fundamental differences between re-breather and compressed air systems (technology and use)
- The rationale and use of compressed air emergency breathing systems in helicopter emergency situations
- The hazards associated with compressed air emergency breathing systems
Delegates are introduced to CA-EBS Initial training in a theoretical manner which is supplemented by demonstration and delegate participation.
Delegates must possess a valid BOSIET/FOET/HUET or T-BOSIET/T-FOET/T-HUET certificate prior to attending the OPITO Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) Initial Deployment Training programme.
This course is designed for personal in possession of a current/ indate BOSIET,FOET or HUET with emergency breathing system (EBS) certificate but are required to have a CA-EBS qualification for transfer to and from their vessel.
An OPITO-approved Initial CA-EBS Deployment certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Maximum Delegates per course
Held at Project Maritime & Survival Offshore Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
On the day of training
- Delegates must present a valid ID or passport.
- Delegates must present an in date medical certificate.
- Delegates must wear closed shoes.
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on the practical elements of the course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to commencing practical training
This course takes place 2x a week.