Initial Ca-EBS training is to ensure that the delegate gains the required knowledge and understanding of the particular hazards and properties of a Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) and appropriate practical emergency response actions to take should the requirement for emergency deployment arise.
Duration 90 min
Course Code 5902
The syllabus focuses on:
- The fundamental differences between re-breather and compressed air systems (technology and use)
- The rationale and use of compressed air emergency breathing systems in helicopter emergency situations
- The hazards associated with compressed air emergency breathing systems
Delegates are introduced to CA-EBS Initial training in a theoretical manner which is supplemented by demonstration and delegate participation.
Delegates must possess a valid BOSIET/FOET/HUET or T-BOSIET/T-FOET/T-HUET certificate prior to attending the OPITO Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) Initial Deployment Training programme.
The Target group is personnel that are issued with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) whilst travelling to work by helicopter and may be required to use a CA-EBS in the event of an emergency
An OPITO-approved Initial CA-EBS Deployment certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Maximum Delegates per course
Held at Project Maritime & Survival Offshore Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
Items to bring
- Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course. Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
- Regonised in Date Medical Certificate
- All delegates must bring swimwear and a towel.
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on the practical elements of the course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to commencing practical training
Courses run weekly
Comments are closed.