OPITO Transfer Safely by Boat – Refresher Training (FTsBB) 1hr
This course is designed to provide delegates with a basic knowledge of safety and emergency response procedures for working in Offshore Industry.
Duration 60 Minutes
Course Code: 5655
The syllabus focuses on:
- The safety requirements covering safe embarkation and disembarkation
- Carrying out their individual responsibilities
- Donning of an appropriate floatation device used during transfers
- Identifying and controlling hazards during swing rope transfer
- Swing rope transfers with the correct method of luggage transfer
- Acting correctly in the event of an emergency
- Donning of an appropriate floatation device during an emergency
- Boarding a marine life raft from water
- Initial and secondary emergency response actions
- In-water survival technique
The aim of the TSbB Further Training Course is to refresh the safety and emergency response skills of personnel who have previously successfully completed their TSbB Initial Training.
Delegates must hold a valid OPITO Approved Travel Safely by Boat certificate.Delegates who are in possession of a current BOSIET(with EBS), FOET(with EBS), HUET (with EBS), Tropical BOSIET, Tropical FOET, Tropical HUET, BOSIET (with CA-EBS), HUET (with CA-EBS) or FOET (with CA-EBS) are not required to participate in practical life raft and in-water sea survival exercises.
The Travel Safely by Boat initial training programme is designed for personnel currently travelling and transferring by boat to an offshore oil and gas installation
An OPITO-approved Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training with CA EBS certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Every four years
Maximum Delegates per course
Held at Project Maritime & Survival Offshore Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
Items to bring
- Delegates must present photographic at the start of the course. Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
- Recognised in Date Medical Certificate
- All delegates must bring swimwear and a
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on the practical elements of the course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to commencing practical training.
Courses run weekly.