Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET with CA-EBS)
This course is designed to provide personnel who travel by helicopter with an understanding of helicopter escape procedures and, in particular, action to be taken to evacuate or escape from a ditched/ capsized helicopter.
Duration 1 Day
Course code Course Code 5095
The syllabus focuses on:
- Action prior to ditching
- Actions following simulated ditching including submersion and inversion of helicopter
- Deployment and operation of Emergency
- Breathing Systems (CA-EBS)
- Helicopter emergency procedures
Delegates are introduced to HUET training in a theoretical manner which is supplemented by demonstration and delegate participation.
Delegates must be at least 16 years of age.
Personnel who travel by helicopter over water. It is also suitable for personnel who have undertaken survival training which did not include helicopter underwater escape training.
An OPITO-approved Helicopter Underwater Escape Training with CA-EBS certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Every four years
Maximum Delegates per course
Held at Project Maritime & Survival Offshore Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
Items to bring
- Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course. Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
- Regonised in Date Medical Certificate
- All delegates must bring swimwear and a towel.
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on the practical elements of the course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to commencing practical training
Courses run weekly
Comments are closed.