Personal Survival & Social Responsibility PSSR
Compliance with the Code of Safe Working Practices Survive at sea in the event of ship abandonment. Minimize the risk of fire and maintain a state of
readiness to respond to any emergency situations onboard a vessel.
Course code STCW A-VI/1-4
The course is classroom based and covers these main areas:
- Comply with emergency procedures
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment
- Observe safe working practices
- Contribute to effective communications on board ship
- Contribute to effective human relationships on board ship
- Understand and take necessary actions to control fatigue.
Duration 2 days
This classroom-based course offers basic induction training in safety procedures and accident prevention and familiarises novices with the employment conditions and working environment on board.
The course is also included in our STCW Basic Safety Training Schedule
- Delegates must be at least 16 years of
- Proficiency in English Language written and Verbal skills
- Medically Fit
Seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity onboard ship.
A Project Maritime Training STCW 2010 Manilla Compliant Certificate will be issued on delegate been found competent.
Every five years
Held at Project Maritime Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
Items to bring
- Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course.
- Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
Courses as per training schedule or on request.
Comments are closed.