Elementary First Aid
This course is one of the mandatory STCW basic safety training courses designed to meet the minimum requirement for familiarisation and basic safety training for seafarers with designated emergency duties.
The course is a structured mixture of theory and practical application.
The course is also included in our STCW Basic Safety Training Schedule (email us for dates)
The course is classroom based and covers these main areas:
- Contents of First Aid Kit.
- Body structure and function.
- Examination of casualty or patient.
- Spinal Injuries.
- Burns scalds and effects of heat and cold.
- Fractures, dislocations and muscular injuries.
- Medical care for rescued persons.
- Radio medical advice.
- Cardiac arrest, drowning and asphyxia.
- Delegates must be at least 16 years of
- Proficiency in English Language written and Verbal skills
- Medically Fit
Seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship.
A Project Maritime Training STCW 2010 Manilla Compliant Certificate will be issued on delegate been found competent.
Every five years
Held at Project Maritime Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
Items to bring
- Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course.
- Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
Comments are closed.