OPITO BASIC OFFSHORE SAFETY INDUCTION AND EMERGENCY TRAINING (BOSIET WITH CA EBS ) – ONSITE 3 DAYS PRACTICAL
Only available for large Group Bookings. Click the Enquire button below to contact Bookings.
The 3- day BOSIET with CA-EBS is the traditional delivery of the BOSIET course. Delegates will be taught about basic emergency response procedures and safety aboard a seagoing vessel or offshore installation through a mix of classroom theory and practical training sessions.
Course Code 5752
The syllabus focuses on:
- Basic safety induction
- Compressed Air Emergency Breathing Systems ( CA-EBS)
- Fire fighting and self rescue
- Helicopter safety and escape
- Sea survival
- Survival first aid
Delegates will gain a basic level of understanding and awareness of the hazards encountered when working on offshore installations, and of the safety regime and safety management systems in place to control and mitigate those hazards. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
Delegates must be at least 16 years of age.
This training programme is designed to meet the initial offshore safety and emergency response training requirements for personnel new (or returning) to the offshore oil and gas industry who will be supplied with a compressed air emergency breathing system (CA-EBS) during offshore helicopter travel.
An OPITO-approved Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training with CA EBS certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Every four years.
Maximum Delegates per course
Held at Project Maritime & Survival Offshore Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
On the day of training
- Delegates must present photographic at the start of the course. Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
- Regonised in Date Medical Certificate
- All delegates must bring swimwear and a towel.
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on the practical elements of the course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to commencing practical training.
Digital BOSIET Online Theory Registration
The following will happen once you have completed your registration and your order been received:
- You will be loaded onto the OPTIO Portal, and you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the link to the digital portal. (Please note that the link does not come from us.)
- Once you have completed the online training, email us at email@example.com and we will verify and send you the practical booking form that needs to be completed.
- Practical Dates cannot be booked or confirmed until the above has been completed.