Refresher Competence in Medical Care ( Ships Captain Medical)
This two day refresher course is for seafarers designated to take charge of medical care on board ship and for those requiring certificates of competency.
The course is a structured mixture of theory and practical application.
The practical section includes a mandatory total of 6 hours observation at a trauma centre done after hours under supervision.
On completion students will have sufficient knowledge of medical stores and equipment on board to be able to achieve the learning outcomes which are:
- Outcome 1: The learner understands how to participate in the coordinated provision of medical care to a person on board.
- Outcome 2: The learner is able to assess and provide care to an ill person on board.
- Outcome 3: The learner is able to assess and provide care to an injured casualty on board.
- Delegates must be at least 16 years of
- Proficiency in English Language written and Verbal skills
- Medically Fit
- Delegates must be in possession of one of the following valid and regonised certificates:
- Competence in Medical Care STCW A – VI/4 -2
- Refresher Competence in Medical Care STCW A – VI/4 -2
Seafarers designated to take charge of medical care on board ship and for those requiring certificates of competency
A Project Maritime Training STCW 2010 Manilla Compliant Certificate will be issued on delegate been found competent.
Every five years
- Project Maritime Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
- Designated Trauma Centre under supervision
Items to bring
- Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course.
- Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
Courses as per training schedule or on request.
|Refresher Competence in Medical Care