Able Seafarer Deck (AB)
Your first position on a vessel will be an Ordinary Deckhand. After completing the Able Seafarer (Deck) learning opportunity you are required to obtain 18 months sea service in order to obtain your Able Seafarer Deck qualification and seaman’s book. Your sea service and task book must reflect your time and job function on a particular vessel. After occupying the position of an Able Seaman you may be appointed as a Bosun, the person in charge of Deck Operations.
The course is a structured mixture of theory and practical application.
On completion students will have sufficient knowledge on the following area’s:
- Occupational Health and Safety.
- Ship’s parts, functions and terms.
- Emergency procedures.
- Anchors and cables.
- Marine pollution.
- Derricks and cranes.
- Navigational watch.
- Principles of cargo handling and stowage.
- Ropes and its usage, Bends and Hitches.
- Delegates must be at least 16 years of
- Proficiency in English Language written and Verbal skills
- Medically Fit
Seafarers designated to take charge of deck operations on board ship and for those requiring certificates of competency
A Project Maritime Training STCW 2010 Manilla Compliant Certificate will be issued on delegate been found competent.
- Project Maritime Training, Saldanha Bay, South Africa.
Items to bring
- Delegates must present photographic ID at the start of the course.
- Accepted forms are government issued photographic identification, eg passport or identity document
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
Courses as per training schedule or on request.
|Able Seafarer Deck
Excluding of all auxiliary courses
|Courses Scheduled on Request Contact our Business Centre|